PUBLIC FORUM ~ The Enbridge Pipeline and Tankers on B.C.’s Coast – Have Your Say in Vancouver
Monday June 25th, 5:45pm - 7:15pm
Vancouver Public Library, Alice MacKay Room Library Square Conference Centre 350 West Georgia Street Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6B1 Canada
Please join Megan Leslie, NDP Deputy Leader and Official Opposition Critic for the Environment, members of the federal NDP BC Caucus, and local authorities for a public discussion on the environmental implications of the Enbridge pipeline project and how you can get involved.
RSVP to this free event online: http://bit.ly/LghcwZ
Megan will be joined by the following NDP BC Members of Parliament:
- Peter Julian, MP for Burnaby-New Westminster and Official Opposition Critic on Energy and Natural Resources
- Libby Davies, MP for Vancouver East, Deputy Leader and Official Opposition Critic on Health
- Jinny Sims, MP for Newton-North Delta and Official Opposition Critic on Immigration, Citizenship and Multiculturalism
- Fin Donnelly, MP for New Westminster-Coquitlam and Official Opposition Critic on Western Economic Diversification Canada & Deputy Fisheries (West Coast) - Kennedy Stewart, MP for Burnaby-Douglas and Official Opposition Critic on Science and Technology
- Alex Atamanenko, MP for B.C. Southern Interior
As many of you are aware, Enbridge is currently proposing the construction of a 1,172 km pipeline from Alberta to Kitimat, British Colombia. The resulting raw bitumen would then be transported along BC’s pristine North Coast in more than 220 super-tankers per year.
These coastal waters are home to a diverse and delicate marine ecosystem including more than 120 species of sea birds, 27 species of marine mammals, and important salmon, halibut and other fish stocks. The significant environmental impact of a potential spill cannot be understated.
Megan is travelling to Kitamaat Village on June 26th to observe the Joint Review Panel Public Hearing taking place on that day.
As this is an important issue throughout the province, we want to hear from you too!